Sunflex Aluminium Bi-fold Doors
Sunflex aluminium bi-folding doors lead the way in innovation and design, setting the standards for other companies to follow. Rather than emphasising on only one or two elements that make the Sunflex doors stand out, there are countless features that make the SF55 and SF75 head and shoulders above the rest. Slim sightlines, contemporary, square edged profiles throughout and colour matched furniture in line with the frame make Sunflex doors the best looking on the market. Choose between our award-winning SF55 and SF75, both provide all the features and benefits below:
Download the Brochure
- Slim sightline of only 115mm maximising your view and the light into your home
- Certified weather rating – reassuringly these systems have been officially tested to ensure that they really do keep bad weather outside. It’s one of the most weathertight aluminium systems available - 900Pa water tightness (Class9A) and 600Pa air permeability (Class 4) with our standard weathered track. It achieves a resistance to wind load of 1,600Pa (Class A4) for reassurance in the most exposed of locations. (A low U-Value does not mean it keeps out the wind and the rain – know a systems weather test results before committing to a purchase)
- Excellent securitywith a multi-point locking system as standard comprising top and bottom shootbolt locking with additional side-locking point on lead door panels and a 5-lever Euro profile cylinder. Internally glazed as standard, concealed running gear with double rebated outer frame sections. Horizontal latch lock also available
- Built-in design tolerances to cope with material expansion and contraction when installed to south facing elevations, and to cater for marginal lintel deflection, ensuring many years of trouble-free operation. The Sunflex system is the most effective solution to cater for the extreme weather conditions we experience today
- Countless possible designs. Moveable posts create a clear open corner as well as facetted sets to give a unique look to your project
- Child safewith unique locking panel catch and stacking clip which enables doors to be locked securely in the open position, safe from young children and preventing unwanted operation of the system.
- Finger cushioning gasket situated on the edge of the panels provides cushioning for young fingers. Made from long lasting EPDM rubber and continuing past the hinge, unlike most other folding doors, ensuring no weak spot in the weathering
- Contemporary appearance and the best looking folding door on the market, with modern slimline square-edged profiles and slimline gasket between panels. It also has small slimline hinges, all of equal size and stylish matching handle furniture, either colour matched to the frame or in stainless steel
- Wide range of finishes. Five standard frame colours and a further 200 available including brushed steel, textured and woodgrain. There is the option to choose different colours on the inside and outside to match the design and character of your property. Extreme marine protection option is offered by pre-anodising the frames making them porous and then quickly powder coated ensuring excellent adhesion of the paint in to the frames. Not many companies offer pre-anodising as a marine finish
- Complete range including single doors, French doors, and windows, in the same matching profile shape
Slimline frame with door panels being slimmer (55mm front to back), which creates a wider opening than other bi-fold doors. The slimmest and neatest stack of doors is achieved to maximise the clear opening.
Double glazed with 1.0 W/m2K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame and glass 1.6 W/m2K.
Triple glazed with a 0.7 W/m²K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame and glass 1.3 W/m2K.
Accommodates a glazing unit of 24mm, 28mm, 30mm or 36mm.
Acoustic performance tested at Rw=36dB. Further upgrades are available using acoustic laminate glass.
Maximising your opening with panel widths up to 1,200mm and 3,500mm maximum panel height for narrower panels.
Choice of thresholds with a DDA-compliant flush track for a virtually seamless connection between inside and outside or an extreme weathertight track for exposed locations. Additional sill sections are available in varying projections.
Integrated ventilation option with a full height tilt-and-turn window within the bi-fold doors.
back to bi-fold doors...
The ultimate in thermal efficiency with a massive 44mm multi-chambered thermal break keeping heat inside your room. This not only saves you money on heating bills, but makes your room feel warmer whilst maintaining the incredibly slim 115mm sightline.
Double glazed with 1.0 W/m2K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame and glass 1.4 W/m2K.
Triple glazed with a 0.5 W/m²K centre pane U-Value = Overall frame and glass 0.9 W/m2K.
Accommodates a glazing unit of 24mm, 28mm, 30mm or 48mm.
Acoustic performance starting from Rw=36dB. Further upgrades are available using acoustic laminate glass.
Maximumpanel width 1,100mm, maximum panel height for narrower panels 3,500mm.
Choice of thresholds with a DDA-compliant low-level track for a virtually seamless connection between inside and outside or an extreme weathertight track for exposed locations. Additional sill sections are available in varying projections.
For internal situations or when thermal performance is not required, Sunflex offers the SF50 non-thermally broken aluminium system, which can be single or double glazed.